Kitchen of Kuchipudi – Delicious recipes
– Oil for frying
– Chilli powder
– Remove the skin of a potato.
– Cut chips briskly, using the chips-cutter.
– Soak in water for 10 to 15 minutes. Then shift to colander.
– Allow water to trickle down. Spread the chips on a piece of cloth and dry in sun for 10 to 15 minutes.
– Dissolve salt in water, and keep aside.
– Heat the oil in frying pan. Put the chips briskly but carefully into the hot oil.
– Turn over now and then till the chips turn yellow.
– Then gently pour 1 tbsp of salt solution and wait till the resulting noise completely stops.
– Sprinkle a little chilli powder on chips removed from the pan.
– Shift the fried chips to a colander and allow oil to trickle down.
– When cool, keep the chips in an airtight container.